Last Modified: January 17, 2022
BoxScore Sports Inc. d/b/a Swoopt, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Swoopt”, “we” or “us”) operates the website located at https://www.swoopt.com and related websites and mobile applications (the “Website”).
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to provide any information to or on the Services (including any information about yourself, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or username you may use). If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of adult consent, we will delete that information.
Collection of Information
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, some of which is personally identifiable and some of which is non-identifying or aggregated, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us, (ii) automatically as you use the Services (which information may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies), and (iii) from third parties (such as our business partners).
Information You Provide to Us
When you purchase any product, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name and email address. With your permission, we may send you emails about product information, new products, and other brand updates.
The information we collect on or through the Website or otherwise through your use of the Services may include (i) information that you provide about yourself or others by using our Services, including information provided at the time of registering or subscribing to use our Services (such as name, password, and email address), posting material or requesting further Services; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (iv) details of any transactions you carry out through the Services, including information provided at the time of purchase or attempted purchase (such as name, password, email address, mailing address, shipping information, and payment information).
Information Collected Through Data Tracking Technologies
As you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your use of the Services (such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data) and information about your devices and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system and browser type).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Log Information. We may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs when you use the Services, including details about how you used the Services, IP address, and information specific to your device (such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language).
- Device Identifiers. We may collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, mobile network information and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Services are performing and improve the Services for you on your particular device.
- Location-Based Data. We may collect and process information about your geographic location (for example, through GPS signals) when you use the Services. We will not store or track your device location on an on-going basis or without your permission. We do not share precise geolocation data with third parties, other than our service providers as necessary to provide the Services.
- Analytics Data. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services.
Why We Collect Information
The information we collect helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to estimate our user size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests, and recognize you when you use the Services.
Third-party Collection of Information
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Services may be served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content and application providers. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
Swoopt does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Present our Website and their contents to you.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
- Notify you when updates to the Services are available, and about changes to any products or services we offer or provide through our Services.
- Contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purposes with your consent.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes, or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please email email@example.com.
For information about how you can opt out of certain uses of your information, see Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose anonymized, de-identified or aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Swoopt, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with users, partners or the press in order to, for example, demonstrate how our Services are used, evaluate industry trends, or to create our marketing materials. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
Swoopt disclaims all liability for the disclosure of information (including health information) that you choose to submit voluntarily. You assume all such risks with regards to your use of the Services.
Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes as provided herein, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not want us to use your email address or contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services as provided herein, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences as provided herein, you can opt-out by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads. Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.Bing: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads.
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
- If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your account information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile or settings page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”)
If you are a resident of the state of California, you may have certain data protection rights that can be exercised either by emailing us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
BoxScore Sports Inc.20 Pheasant Lane
Greenwich, CT 06830
Your rights under the CCPA may include the following:
- The right to access or delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access or request deletion of your personal data.
- The right to know what personal information is collected, used, shared or sold as to the categories and specific pieces of personal information, and the sources of that information, and types of information we collect, and the intended purposes of that information, and the parties with whom we share it.
- The right to opt-out of sale of personal information.
- The right to non-discrimination in terms of price or service when you exercise a privacy right under the CCPA. Exercising these rights may impact your right or ability to receive information about our products and Services, your rights under our product warranties and the benefits of our Services.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Swoopt or guarantee that your information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, managerial, or technical safeguards.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
BoxScore Sports Inc.
175 Thompson St
New York, NY 10012